Breskens is traditionally a fishing village, but its beautiful long beaches make it a prime tourist destination. With the beach stretching for miles all the way to Belgium, Breskens is an excellent choice for people who enjoy the beach, long walks and breathtaking scenery. A lighthouse, some impressive fortresses and an amazing salt marsh area are awaiting your discovery.
The Fishing Festival is the highlight of the year for residents and tourists alike. It is a three-day event in August that everyone looks forward to, with famous Dutch artists, an exciting line-up of bands and street artists, a large street fair, two funfairs, a flea market, children’s attractions and much more entertainment.
Here is a taste of the attractions and sights that Breskens has to offer:
- De Afslag: restaurant, miniature golf, playgrounds, etc.
- Visserijmuseum (Fishery Museum)
- The Risseeuw mill, a mill body located at Oude Rijksweg
- The lighthouse of Breskens
- Shipping company De Festijn (boat excursions)